C++/UE4 Blueprints Software Engineer
Location: Orlando, FL
Updraft Studios, Inc. is a new Virtual Reality Video Game Development company and we are ready to shine here in sunny Orlando, Florida. We are developing VR games, VR content and online services for consoles and computers. We are excited for the upcoming projects in the pipeline.
Updraft Studios is developing it’s Virtual Reality content with the award-winning Unreal Engine.
Using UE4 Blueprints and C++ as the primary development languages, the C++/UE4 Blueprints Software Engineer will be responsible for developing games and infrastructure for our games, as well as improving and maintaining existing code.
- Producing detailed specifications and generating code.
- Creating and maintaining game engine components.
- Planning and executing tests of the product before going live.
- Develops common code to extend existing Updraft Studios’ proprietary shared libraries.
- Profiling and optimizing software components.
- Uses existing code bases & libraries, including contributing to and/or authoring Best Practices and Guidelines.
What skills does Updraft Studios look for?
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or equivalent training and professional experience.
- Proficiency with Unreal Engine 4, C++, and UE4 Blueprints.
- Experience in a Client/Server environment.
- Experience in 3D design, and object-oriented design and implementation.
- Demonstrated knowledge of good software engineering practices.
- Experience working with source control, and an understanding of cyclic project development.
- Understanding of memory management, multiple processor use, and runtime optimization.
- Strong math skills including trigonometry, calculus and linear algebra.
- Ability to test, debug, and extend other Software Engineer's code competently.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a dynamic and collaborative team environment.
- Constantly innovate how to improve product quality as well as group productivity.
- Excellent decision making capabilities.
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new concepts, principles and solutions.
- Demonstrates dependability and commitment to projects/tasks.
- Experience with scripting languages (Perl, Python, Lua) and C#. is an asset.
Updraft Studios is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Updraft Studios is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Updraft Studios also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.